Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hello world

A couple of months ago I decided to have a look at the Google Web Toolkit. GWT claims to be an framework that makes writing AJAX applications easy. In this blog I am going to tell the reader about my experiences with GWT and about the progress of my project.

To create another YouTube imitation is no fun. So I was in need of an idea. I maintain a website for a club with a list of events and appointments. Every once in a while I sent an email to all members of the club containing a link to this list. Alas I never know whether the recipients click on the link and access the updated list. There are some statistics on the webserver, but these are global data. I want some specific information about the URL I used in my email. I know about some redirection services, e.g. Tinyurl.com, but non of them can do that. Bingo, there is the idea I have been looking for...

In the last weeks I have been writting a lot of code, obtained a domain name and unsealed my creation.

No comments: